Oleg A. Danilenko
Head of Traumatology and Orthopedic Department No. 3, Traumatologist-Orthopedist of the highest category, Candidate of Medical Sciences
Oleg A. Danilenko, 1977 YOB
- 2002, graduated from Minsk State Medical Institute with the degree in General and Preventive Medicine;
- 2002-2012, worked as a trauma and orthopedic surgeon at the Department of Trauma and Orthopedics of Mogilev Regional Hospital;
- 2012-2015, worked as a Chief of the Department of Trauma and Orthopedics of Mogilev Regional Hospital;
- 2015 – till present, is the Chief of Department of Trauma and Orthopedics No.3 of the 6th City Clinical Hospital.
In 2009, he defended the dissertation “Treatment of chronic and habitual shoulder dislocations accompanied by the impressive defects of the head of the humerus”. The approach to the treatment of the patients with chronic and habitual shoulder dislocations, described in the dissertation, was implemented into clinical practice. New surgical methods were also implemented. The novelty of the methods is proved by the patents of the republic of Belarus:
- Patent No.11448: method of surgical treatment of a chronic anteriorinferior shoulder dislocation accompanied by Hill-Sachs lesion;
- Patent No.9734: method of surgical treatment of chronic shoulder dislocations;
- Patent No.9732: method of surgical treatment of an extensive partial injury of the rotator cuff;
- Patent No. 9733: method of decompression of the subacromial space during extra-cortical osteosynthesis for a fracture or fracture-dislocation of a proximal shoulder;
- Patent No.9763: method of surgical treatment of posterior shoulder dislocation;
- Patent No.11404: method of surgical treatment of posterior shoulder dislocation.
The implementation of the new methods helped to remove the static component of instability in patients with chronic and habitual shoulder dislocations in an appropriate way. The advantages of the new methods: more satisfactory results, better functioning of the shoulder joint, less discomfort, lower recurrence rate, shorter recovery period.
Dr. Danilenko prepared the guidelines “Surgical treatment of chronic shoulder dislocations for eradication of the static factor of shoulder joint instability”. The guidelines were approved by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus.
The methods have been used in 6 health care institutions of the Republic of Belarus and in Saint-Petersburg I.I. Mechnikov State Medical Academy since 2009. Dr. Danilenko is an author of numerous scientific works.
Dr. Danilenko participated in the development of the comprehensive program for the rehabilitation of the patients with abnormalities of the rotator cuff.
He carries out scientific and research activities in the field of arthroscopy of the shoulder joint and transposition of tendons and muscles of the upper limb girdle.
In 2010, Dr. Danilenko prepared an application for the patent “Method of surgical treatment of chronic shoulder dislocations based on a low-traumatic stimulation of the rotary system”.
He is the author of 63 scientific publications on abnormalities of the shoulder joint and surgical treatment of shoulder joint (anchoring of the rotator cuff, shoulder joint replacement surgery, transposition of tendons and muscles in patients with rotator cuff abnormalities or neurological complications caused by the dislocation of the shoulder joint, etc.); foot (SCARF, etc.); modern methods of osteosynthesis (intramedular osteosynthesis of hip and ankle, osteosynthesis with LCP plates, etc.), shoulder joint replacement surgery.
In 2013, he helped to implement 12 new treatment techniques, in 2014 – 3. He implemented over 40 unique methods of treatment. Dr. Danilenko submitted the application for the patent of invention. The application was approved. 8 new applications are to be submitted. The specialists of the department use arthroscopic methods of treatment of the patients with abnormalities of the shoulder joint.
In 2011, he became a member of the International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (SICOT).