Department of Trauma and Orthopedics No 3
Department of Trauma and Orthopedics No.3 is a division of the 6th City Clinical Hospital and is a division of the City Clinical Center for Hand Surgery. The capacity of the department is 55 beds (30 beds for the patients with traumas and injuries, and 25 beds for the patients with orthopedic problems).
The department was established on November 10, 2003.
И.о. заведующего травматолого-ортопедическим отделением №3
Врач травматолог-ортопед первой категории
График встреч зав. отделением с родственниками больных: ежедневно (по будням) 8:00-9:00; 14:00-15:00
Травматологический корпус, 5-й этаж.
Специализация: травматология и ортопедия.
Стаж работы: свыше 15 лет.
Квалификационная категория: высшая.
Ученая степень: доктор медицинских наук.
Oleg A. Danilenko
Chief of Department of Trauma and Orthopedics No.3
higher qualification category Trauma and Orthopedic Surgeon, PhD in Medicine.
Phone: +375 17- 299-97-83
5th floor of the Trauma Surgery Facility
Reception hours (for patients’ family members and relatives):
- Monday to Friday from 8.00AM to 9.00AM, from 2.00PM to 3.30PM
Inessa Е. Gornisevich
Phone: +375 17-299-56-19
Trauma and orthopedic surgeons of the Department:
- Nikolay N. Gruzin, higher qualification category physician;
- Vladimir P. Statkevich, higher qualification category physician;
- Grigory A. Znovets, first qualification category physician
- Aleksey V. Savchuk, second qualification category physician
The department has the advanced high-tech equipment. The specialists of the department carry out all types of diagnostic procedures and surgeries. The citizens of Minsk, residents of other cities (in accordance with the approval of the administration of the hospital) and foreign citizens (on a paid basis, under the contract between a foreign citizen and the hospital) may get the following services:
- surgery for shoulder abnormalities (chronic shoulder dislocations, injuries of the rotator cuff, shoulder impingement syndrome);
- bone osteosynthesis of fractures, including minimally invasive surgery, suturing of ligaments, tendons, osteoplasty;
- joint replacement surgery: replacement of the hip joint with Altimed, Zweimuller, Stryker, DePuy , Biomed, W. Link, Covision, Smith&Nephew implants; replacement of the knee joint with DePuy, Stryker, Covision implants. Revision joint replacement surgery;
- arthroscopic surgeries for large joints, including knee ligament repair surgery;
- surgery for congenital and acquired foot deformities, other surgeries for orthopedic abnormalities.
The specialists of the department provide specialized trauma and orthopedic care. They perform osteosynthesis of fractures regardless of the location. Most of the surgeries are minimally invasive surgeries, i.e. a surgeon makes small incisions. Such surgeries have a number of advantages: shorter pre and post-operative inpatient stay, smaller loss of blood, better postoperative function results, shorter recovery period. The surgeon use advanced anchoring angular stable plates and intramedullary nails, which speed up recovery.
Our specialists perform joint replacement surgeries and arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgeries.
Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive diagnostic and treatment technique. It causes less injury and provides better results. Arthroscopy is used to diagnose and treat:
- impingement syndrome, i.e. a partial of total rupture of the rotator cuff;
- shoulder dislocation, chronic shoulder instability or glenoid labrum tear;
- SLAP syndrome, i.e. tear of the upper part of the glenoid labrum attached to the tendon of the long head of the biceps;
- arthritis and osteoarthritis of the acromioclavicular joint, rheumatic diseases;
- shoulder joint contracture, frozen shoulder;
- calcific tendenitis of the shoulder joint, etc.
We also treat acute fractions and complications of such fractions, replace and repair shoulder joints, including mini-open surgery.
A worn or injured cartilage of the hip joint cannot be repaired by therapy. The total hop joint replacement surgery may restore the functions of the hip joint similar to the functions of the natural joint. An artificial joint is selected and size-matched individually, so that it may restore the biomechanics of movements of a healthy joint.
Indications for the joint replacement surgery:
- hip dysplasia;
- rheumatoid polyarthritis;
- pseudarthrosis of the femoral neck;
- post-traumatic deformity of the socket of the hip caused;
- Legg–Calve–Perthes disease;
- some types of tuberculous coxitis;
- systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Bekhterev disease;
- tumors of the proximal fermur.
The advanced artificial joints of the world famous manufactures are used in joint replacement surgeries.
Department of Trauma and Orthopedics No.3 is a division of the City Clinical Center for Trauma and Orthopedics.
Our specialists cooperate with the staff of the Department of Trauma and Orthopedics of Belarusian State Medical University. E.R. Makarevich, Doctor of Medicine, Professor, supervises the activities of the department.
The staff of the Department of Trauma and Orthopedics of Belarusian State Medical University are involved in all activities of department of trauma and orthopedics No.3, i.e. they carry out diagnostic procedures, prescribe treatment, do the rounds, discuss cases at conferences and councils, perform surgeries, etc. They also consult patients on hip joint replacement surgery and treatment of shoulder abnormalities.
Phone: +375 17- 299-97-83
INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
Before visiting, please, take off your outer clothing and put on a gown. Make sure your shoes are clean or use shoe guards. Only one person may visit a patient.
You may visit patients
- on working days from 5.00PM to 7.00PM;
- on weekends and public holidays from 11.00AM to 1.00PM, from 5.00PM to 7.00PM.
You need to get a permit from the Chief of the Department or attending physicians to visit bed patients. Visiting hours are from 9.00AM to 7.00PM (except for the rest-time from 3.00PM to 5.00PM) on the days stated in the permit.