Septic Surgery Unit (treatment of osteomyelites)
Minsk City Osteomylitis Center
Заведующий отделением гнойной хирургии
График встреч зав. отделением с родственниками больных: ежедневно (по будням) 8:00-9:00; 14:00-15:00
хирургический корпус, 3-й этаж.
Специализация: травматология и ортопедия.
Стаж работы: свыше 15 лет.
Квалификационная категория: высшая.
Mikhail F. Zaitsev
Chief of the Department septic Surgery Unit (treatment of osteomyelites)
Phone: +375 17 294-48-65
3rd floor of the Surgery Facility
Reception hours (for patients’ family members and relatives):
- Monday to Friday from 2.00PM to 3.00PM
Tatiana C. Yanushkevich
The specialists of the Septic Surgery Unit treat the abnormalities of the musculoskeletal system and infectious complications caused by metal osteosynthesis and prosthesis. The citizens from all over the country and foreign citizens may get medical care here.
The advanced equipment is used to perform all types of diagnostic procedures and treatment (ultrasound examinations, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, X-ray examinations, laboratory tests, consultations by medical specialists: neurologist, endocrinologist, cardiologist and gynecologist).
The core activities are:
- to provide consultation, diagnostic services and treatment to adults with purulent diseases of bones and joints;
- to consults physicians from outpatient clinics of the city on the detection and treatment of purulent injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- to detect atypical and rare purulent diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- to make rehabilitation programs;
- to review planned hospitalization to the department of osteomyelitis with a view to optimize surgical and non-surgical treatment periods;
- to improve outpatient clinic-inpatient facility-outpatient clinic relations;
- to arrange seminars, conferences and trainings for medical specialists;
- to control the quality of diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of the patients with purulent diseases of bones and joints in outpatient clinics.
Acute and chronic osteomyelitis:
- hematogenous osteomyelitis;
- pin-track osteomyelitis;
- Specific forms of osteomyelitis:
- Brodie’s abscess;
- Condensing osteitis (Garre’s disease);
- Ollier disease.
- Infectious complications caused by metal osteosynthesis:
- hematic abscesses;
- purulent and necrotic surgical wounds.
Infectious complications caused by joint replacement.
Osteomyelitis is a purulent and necrotic process caused by pyogenic bacteria. It affects bones, bone marrow and surrounding tissues.
In 1993, the City Center of Osteomyelitis was founded. Before that, the patients with osteomyelitis had been treated in the 3rd and the 9th city clinical hospitals.
Today, the Center is a division of the 6th City Clinical Hospital. It provides specialized inpatient care to the patients with purulent diseases of bones and joints, infectious complications caused by metal osteosynthesis and prosthesis. The specialists of the Center provide medical care to all citizens of the Republic of Belarus.
The Chief of the Septic Surgery Unit is the Chief of the Center.
The staff of the Department of Trauma and Orthopedics of Belarusian State Medical University participate in the provision of medical care together with the specialists of the Septic Surgery Unit. They also consult patients and participate in research activities.
The department is located on the 3rd floor of the Surgery Facility
Staffroom Phone: +375 17-299-51-77
Reception hours (consultations with attending physicians)
Monday to Friday from 2.00PM to 3.00PM
Nurses station No.1 (wards No.1-7) Phone: +375 17-299-51-77
Nurses station No.2 (wards No.8-13) Phone: +375 17-299-51-77
INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
You may visit patients
- on working days from 5.00PM to 7.00PM;
- on weekends and public holidays from 11.00AM to 1.00PM, from 5.00PM to 7.00PM.
Before visiting, please, take off your outer clothing and put on a gown. Make sure your shoes are clean or use shoe guards.
You need to get a permit from the Chief of the Department or attending physicians to visit bed patients. Visiting hours are from 9.00AM to 7.00PM (except for the rest-time from 3.00PM to 5.00PM) on the days stated in the permit.