Nikolay A. Zhikhar
Head of Traumatology and Orthopedic Unit No. 4, Traumatologist-Orthopedist of the highest category
Nikolay A. Zhikhar, 1975 YOB
- 1998, graduated from Minsk State Medical Institute with the degree in General and Preventive medicine;
- 1998-1999, was an intern at Belarusian Research Institute for Trauma and Orthopedics;
- 1999-2000, worked as a Junior Researcher at Belarusian Research Institute for Trauma and Orthopedics;
- 2000-2004, was a resident of Department of Trauma and Orthopedics No.2 of Minsk City Emergency Hospital;
- 2004-2005, worked as a trauma and orthopedic surgeon at the Department of Concomitant Injury of Minsk City Emergency Hospital;
- April 2005 – January 2006, worked as a physician at the Admission Department of the Trauma Unit of the 6th City Clinical Hospital;
- 2006-2007, worked as a Chief of the Admission Department of the Trauma Unit of the 6th City Clinical Hospital;
- 2007-2008, worked as a Deputy Chief Physician for Trauma and Orthopedic Care at the 6th City Clinical Hospital;
- February – August 2008,was a resident of Department of Trauma and Orthopedics No.1 of the 6th City Clinical Hospital;
- August 2008 –till present, works a trauma and orthopedic surgeon at Department of Trauma and Orthopedics No.4. He is the Chief of the Department.
Dr. Zhikhar is an experienced and highly-qualified specialist, who applies the latest methods of diagnosis and surgical treatment of children and adults with injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system. When on duty, he provides emergency care to the patients with traumas and injuries.
Dr. Zhikhar participates in conferences and meetings of the Scientific Association of Trauma and Orthopedic Surgeons. He took postgraduate trainings at Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education. In 2008, he was awarded the higher qualification category in Trauma and Orthopedics.
He is involved into public activities and is the chairperson of the primary organization of Belaya Rus Public Association of the 6th City Clinical Hospital. Dr. Zhikhar also carries out scientific and research activities. On October 29, 2014, he defended the dissertation “Diagnosis and treatment of comminuted intra-articular fractures of the distal humerus in adults” and received PhD in Medicine. 12 of his scientific works were published, including one monograph. Dr. Zhikhar is a diligent, responsible and dedicated employee.