Sergey A. Popko
Traumatologist-orthopedist of Traumatology and Orthopedic Department No. 1 of the City Center of Traumatology and Orthopedics
Sergey A. Popko, 1962 YOB
- 1990, graduated from Minsk State Medical Institute;
- 1990-1991, took the internship in trauma and orthopedics at the 6th City Clinical Hospital;
- 1991-1993, worked as a trauma and orthopedic surgeon at the 16th City Outpatient Clinic;
- September 1993 – August 2005, completed a full-time clinical residency in Trauma and Orthopedics at Belarusian State Medical University;
- 1995-1999, worked as a emergency surgeon at the Department of Concomitant Injury of the 6th City Clinical Hospital;
- 1999-2004, worked as a Deputy Chief of the Department of Emergency Surgery of the Republican Hospital of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus;
- December 20, 2004 – till present, works as a trauma and orthopedic surgeon at Department of Trauma and Orthopedics No. 1 of the 6th City Clinical Hospital.
Dr. Popko is a highly-qualified specialist. He uses the advanced methods of diagnosis and treatment of patients with traumas and orthopedic problems. When on duty, Dr. Popko provides emergency care to the patients with traumas. He provides surgical treatment to children and adults with traumas and carries out surgeries on injured internal organs. Annually, he performs over two hundred planned and urgent surgeries and assistances.
Dr. Popko regularly participates in conferences and meetings of the Association of Trauma and Orthopedic Surgeons of Minsk. He is a diligent and responsible person. Dr. Popko took numerous trainings at Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education. In 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012 and 2015, he took trainings in the field abroad.
On May 25, 2015, Dr Popko was awarded the higher qualification category. In 2012, he became a member of the Association of European Research Groups for Spinal Osteosynthesis. He cooperates with the specialists of the Department of International Relations of Belarusian State University with a view to developing medical software. He is also a developer of unique orthopedics and surgery support software. He is a post-graduate student of the Department of Trauma and Orthopedics of Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education. He will defend the dissertation “Minimally invasive surgery of the injuries of Achilles tendon”. In 2011, he was granted the Certificate of Honour for the excellent work, diligence and personal contribution into the provision of emergency care to the casualties of the 11th April of 2011.